Job Opening - CNC Machinist-Operator in Elkridge, MD
Title: CNC Operator-Machinist
Location: Pace Worldwide Facilities in Elkridge, MD
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Reports To: Machine Shop Manager
Contact: Felis Parsons
Tel. No: 910-695-7223
Rev: 5 MAR 17
CNC Operator-Machinist Representative Job Responsibilities:
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Maintains quality and safety standards, keeps records, maintains equipment and supplies.
CNC Operator-Machinist Job Duties:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available. Anticipates stock requirements, places and expedites orders for stock and verifies receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points. Sets tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Calculates requirements (using basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry) and proves part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices and tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and scheduling repairs as required.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates and shares job knowledge and skill by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and collaborating with fellow employees.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for achieving new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator-Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
Education and experience requirements include: high school graduate, Journeyman Machinist Certification preferred and/or equivalent years-of-work experience. Must possess aptitude in the following: Conceptual Skills, Math Skills (basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry), Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation. Understanding of Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination and Inventory Control highly desirable.
The ideal candidate must possess good Attention to Detail, Judgment and a Can-Do Attitude with a strong desire to develop and grow in a dynamic, small company environment.