ST 65 Air Operated Production Desoldering System with SX-100
Shop Air Powered Production Desoldering Station
There are no complicated controls to worry about with PACE's ST 65 ... just
turn a dial to the temperature you need and you're ready to desolder!
The ST 65 Desoldering Station was designed for high volume, production desoldering requirements. Incorporating PACE's famous no-clog SX-100 Sodr-X-Tractor Desoldering Handpiece (see video at right), the ST 65 incorporates a powerful, multistage venturi that is powered by your compressed/shop air source, producing an ultra-fast rise vacuum that eliminates clogging/maintenance issues normally associated with rapid desoldering and rework operations. Because it uses shop-air instead of a large motor-pump, the unit is extremely compact and features an extremely small footprint, easily fitting in areas with limited bench space.
The ST-65 is an economical, yet durable desoldering system with simplified dial and single channel featuring IntelliHeat technology. Designed for easy operation, there is no programming, no display, just a simple twist of a knob! A color-coded diode tells you when you have reached target temperature. The heavy-duty, durable ESD-safe metal housing ensures years of service and the sloped face of the front panel is a standard feature for ease of use. An optional mounting bracket is available to mount the system under a work bench or shelf, preserving precious bench top space. Tips supplied separately.
SX-100 Sodr-X-Tractor: A Better Way to Desolder
PACE revolutionized the electronics industry in the 60's by creating the first self-contained continuous vacuum desoldering system. Now PACE has taken the best desoldering handpiece on the planet and made it better! The SX-100 Solder Extractor has been improved so that is does not clog! The modular heater has been re-engineered to transfer heat better through the length of new SX-100 Tips. SX-100 Desolder Tips will not clog because the isolated hot solder path is designed to stay well above solder melt temperature, preventing even Lead-Free solder from solidifying.
PACE has taken the best desoldering handpiece on the planet and made it better!
Designed for high volume desoldering operations, the SX-100 features an environmentally friendly/disposable collection chamber to maximize productivity. When the filter is full, just pull out the chamber, pop out the old filter and replace with a new one - all within 15 seconds! If you prefer, the SX-100 can also be used with a re-cleanable glass chamber (included). Optional 2 and 4-sided Pik-Tips allow safe, rapid reflow and removal of a wide variety of TSOP's, QFP's and Flatpacks. Pik-Tips are designed to reflow all the leads on the component simultaneously and incorporate a unique vacuum pick. Once reflowed, the vacuum is activated and the component is lifted off the PCB.
Easily Expands to Increase Capabilities!
The ST 65 is far more than a desoldering station. Its functionality can be easily expanded by adding any one of 8 IntelliHeat compatible handpieces including:
1.) SX-100 Sodr-X-Tractor Desoldering Handpiece (comes with ST-65) 2.) TD-100 Tip-Heater Cartridge Soldering Iron (optional) 3.) MT-100 MiniTweez Micro Tweezer (optional) 4.) TJ-70 ThermoJet Hot Air Handpiece (optional) 5.) PS-90 High Capacity Soldering Iron (optional) 6.) TP-100 ThermoPik (optional) 7.) TT-65 ThermoTweez Thermal Tweezer (optional) and 8.) TJ-85 ThermoJet Hot Air Pencil (optional).
- IntelliHeat Control Technology
- Includes SX-100 No-Clog Sodr-X-Tractor Desoldering Handpiece
- Simplified analog temperature dial with C°/F° Temperature Scales
- Extremely small & compact, fits in areas with limited bench space
- Incorporates multistage venturi powered by your compressed/shop air source, producing ultra-fast rise vacuum that eliminates clogging issues
- Completely ESD/EOS safe; includes ESD Grounding Jack
- Tip & Tool Stand with Sponge, Stay-Moist Well, non-abrasive Brass Wool to clean oxidation from tip, holds up to 6 tips
- Auto-Off Safety System
- Durable, ESD-safe aluminum extrusion housing incorporates "T-Slots" for mounting
- Temperature Adjustment Lockout
- Can be mounted under bench or shelf with optional Bracket pn 1321-0609-P1
- Expand capabilities with optional IntelliHeat handpieces: MT-100 MicroTweez, TD-100 Tip-Heater Cartridge Iron, TJ-70 ThermoJet, TT-65 ThermoTweez, TP-100 ThermoPik and PS-90 Soldering Iron
- Power Requirements97-127 VAC, 50/60Hz, 90 Watts Max/197-253 VAC, 50/60Hz, 90 Watts Max
- Control TechnologyIntelliHeat
- Tip to Ground Resistance2 ohms or less
- Temperature AccuracyMeets or exceeds ANSI-J-STD
- Absolute Temperature Stability° 1.1°C (° 2 °F) at idle tip temp.
- Temperature RangeTip Heater Compatible Handpieces = 205° to 454°C (400° to 850°F) Nominal
SensaTemp Compatible Handpieces = 176°(Dial)or 37°C (Digital Display) to 482°C (350°(dial)or 100° (Digital Display) to 900°F) Nominal
- System Can be CalibratedYes
- Vacuum/Pressure Source TypeCompressed Air Powered Venturi
- Vacuum Rise Time150 ms Average
- Vacuum (Nominal)20 in Hg Max
- Flow Control ValveCoarse Adjustment
- Pressure (Nominal)18 p.s.i.
- Air Flow (Nominal)8 slpm Max