PH 100 Low Profile PCB Preheater
PACE's PH 100's sleek, ergonomic low-profile design is perfect for use under a microscope
Rapid, Safe Soldering or Desoldering on High Mass, Heat-Sinking Assemblies
Do you repair thick multilayer printed circuit boards that are connected to metal ground planes? Avionics modules that are designed to dissipate heat? Heat-sinking pcb's utilizing lead-free alloys that seem to require a blow-torch to solder effectively? Then the PH 100 PCB Preheater is for you! The PACE PH 100 is a high powered (1600W), non-contact infrared (IR) underheating system with an ergonomic, low-profile design which permits operators to safely pre-heat PCB’s for fast, efficient soldering, rework or repair, even on the highest mass, thermally challenging, lead-free PCB’s.
PH 100's Magnetic PCB Holder is easily adjusted to a variety of height/size combinations
Why Use Bottom-Side Preheat?
- Promotes rapid solder reflow while preventing heat damage and thermal stress or shock
- Ensures homogenous temperatures across package/PCB
- Decreases warping & maintains planarity of the rework site
- Reduces top-side temperature and dwell-time requirements
- Increases soldering iron tip-life by allowing lower tip temperatures
Ergonomic and Low Profile
Sleek, incredibly low working height (2.4"/60mm) improves operator comfort and reduces fatigue, perfect for under a microscope.
Four IR Emitters Provide 1600 Watts of Power
4 Robust IR Heaters provide 1600W of power while glass-ceramic surface re-emits heat in uniform manner, providing fast and even preheating.
Internal or External Closed-Loop Temperature Control
Closed-Loop control by either internal sensor or external thermocouples which precisely monitor and control temperature on the PCB top or bottom-side.
Front & Back Heating Zones
Front and Back Heating Zone temperatures can be independently controlled, or turned off completely.
No Irritating Visible Light Generated
Glass-ceramic surface efficiently transmits heat without emitting an annoying glow or irritating visible light as other IR systems do.
Intuitive 3.5" Resistive Touch Screen Display
Provides easy adjustment of all operational, temperature and power settings - the operator can customize color scheme and button layout at will.
Large 300mm x 300mm (11.8" x 11.8") Heating Area
PH 100's glass-ceramic heating surface accomodates large assemblies as well as small or irregularly shaped boards.
- Sleek, incredibly low working height improves operator comfort and reduces fatigue, perfect for under microscope
- Intuitive 3.5" resistive Touch Screen Display provides easy adjustment of all operational, temperature and power settings
- 4 Robust IR Heating Elements provide 1600W of power
- Glass-ceramic surface re-emits heat in uniform manner, providing fast and even preheating with minimal shadowing
- Large 300mm x 300mm (11.8" x 11.8") heating area provides full board preheat
- Customize color scheme and button layout at will
- Magnetic PCB Holder is easily adjusted to a variety of height/ size combinations
- Front and Back Heating Zone temperatures can be independently controlled
- Closed-Loop Temperature Controlled by either internal sensor or one of two external thermocouples
- Efficiently transmits heat without emitting irritating visible light as other IR systems do
- Handles large assemblies (295mm/11.6" x unlimited) as well as small or irregularly shaped boards
- Auto-Off safety system automatically powers-down heaters
- Set-temperature range of 20° - 200°C (68° - 392°F)
- Independent temperature offset adjustment of heating zones +/- 50°C (90°F)
- Power Requirements120 VAC, 50-60Hz || 230 VAC, 50-60Hz
- Weight8 kg (17.6 lbs.)
- Dimensions355 mm (14") D x 430 mm (17") W x 60 mm (2.4") H without Board Holders
- Board Size CapacityHandles large 295 mm (11.625") x unlimited PCB’s
- Heating Elements4 x 400 Watt, Medium Wave IR Emitters (250 mm x 60 mm / 9.8" x 2.4" ea.)
- Heating Area300 mm (11.81") W x 300 mm (11.81") D
- Set Temperature Range20°C – 200°C (68°F – 392°F)
- Thermocouple InputsTwo (2) K-Type Thermocouple Inputs: Topside and Bottom-side PCB Input