PRC 2000-TH Through Hole Miniature-Microminiature Electronic Repair Station 8007-0138
Legendary Military Workhorse with Proven Reliability, Longevity & Durability
Utilized at all major US and International Military depots, you'll find the PRC 2000 series of Miniature/Microminiature Repair Systems at shipboard repair shops, mobile maintenance vans and thousands of intermediate maintenance facilities worldwide. The system is a venerable workhorse that has been available since the early 90's. System quality, reliability, longevity, durability and sustainability have been proven through millions of military operating hours. In fact, the PRC 2000-TH is a central component of the Navy's 2M Miniature/Microminiature Repair Program. The 2M Program provides the tools and techniques required for certified Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Coast Guard electronic repair technicians to perform highly reliable, high quality repairs on complex circuit card assemblies. System, handpieces, tips, accessories and spare parts are extensively supported by National/NATO Stock Numbers (NSN's). Also see PRC 2000 SMT/Thru-Hole System PN 8007-0132.
The Ultimate PCB Rework & Repair System
The PRC 2000-TH Miniature/Micromin Electronic Repair System PN 8007-0138 comes with all of the above and more!
The PRC 2000-TH can tackle just about any Thru-Hole, SMT application, and is well suited for multilayer repairs on damaged or prototype PCBs. Featuring 3 simultaneously active SensaTemp handpiece channels, a built-in paste dispenser, MicroChine for removing conformal coatings or grinding away PCB laminate, and pulse heat technology. The PRC 2000-TH's Thermal Management Center powers and controls three SensaTemp handpieces simultaneously for safe, rapid installation and removal of virtually all surface mount and thru-hole components. It is fully self-contained with three separate pumps: one for desoldering, hot air jet and thermal pick handpieces; another for solder paste/liquid flux dispensing; and finally a separate pump for Pik-Vac Component Handling Wand. Other features include continuous automatic calibration, temperature setback/auto-off safety system, constant memory, password protection and more!
Primary Handpieces and Accessories
PPS-400A Power Supply
The PRC 2000-TH Power Supply (aka the PPS-400A) provides the means to power and control all handpieces and accessories.
SX-100 Sodr-X-Tractor Desoldering Handpiece
Renowned as the best continuous vacuum desoldering tool on the planet, the SX-100 has been improved so that is does not clog!
PS-90 Universal Soldering Iron
Excellent for light or heavy duty soldering as well as SMT rework operations where high thermal capacity are required.
TJ-70 ThermoJet Convection/Hot Air Handpiece
Primarily used for precision focused hot air for component installation/removal, but also used to during conformal coating removal.
MC-65 MicroChine Miniature Machining Handpiece
A variable speed machining handpiece for milling, drilling, grinding and abrading of PCB's and precise circuitry and substrate repair.
TS-15 StripTweez Thermal Wire Stripper
Pulse-heat handpiece that allows for temperature controlled, damage free removal of all wire insulation, including Teflon.
LF-15 LapFlo/ThermoPart Handpiece
When used with the Thermal Parting Tip (shown in photo), it acts as a hot knife, overcuring epoxy conformal coatings for easy removal.
TW-15 ResisTweez Resistance Soldering Tweezer
Allows for fast resistance heating for soldering or desoldering of closely spaced connector pins, cup terminals and lugs.
Advanced System Capabilities
- ESD-safe repair of any electronic module, PCB or PWB including multilayer and flexible printed circuits
- Easy and safe removal of thru-hole and surface mount components from circuit card assemblies
- High reliability soldering via conductive, convective, resistance and lap reflow soldering techniques
- Clog-free desoldering using continuous vacuum Solder Extraction - shop air not required
- Conformal coating removal, including epoxy, urethane, silicone & acrylic ... even parylene coating
- Precision drilling, grinding, abrading, routing, brushing and cutting, for conformal coating removal/pcb repair
- Drilling Test Probe/Brake Probe capability for multilayer pc board excavation
- Substrate repair, including burns and delamination
- Damage-free thermal wire stripping for removal of all types of insulation, including Teflon
- Self-contained solder paste and flux dispensing - no shop air needed
- Built-in vacuum for vacuum/component handling wand